Celebrating Valentine’s Day in Galway on a Budget
Poster: Ciara Geraghty
1. Take a drive along the Wild Atlantic Way
There’s so many spots to explore along the world’s longest defined coastal touring route, why not jump in the car and discover some of the beautiful locations on Galway’s coastline. Check out the Wild Atlantic Way website for a list of all the different view points. It’s up to you what you want to purchase besides the petrol so it definitely makes the cut of a way to spend Valentine’s Day in Galway on a budget.
2. Make up some ‘hang’ sandwiches and a flask of tea and enjoy a picnic (weather dependent)
Along with most things associated with our beautiful little country, this activity is all weather dependent so bring your rain jacket, umbrella and sun glasses just in case. Head to Barna Woods or Silver Strand and enjoy the great outdoors.
3. Get yourself a yummy Galaxy Hot Chocolate here in Galway Bay Hotel and take a romantic stroll along the Salthill Promenade
Chocolate, romance and exercise to counteract the chocolate – all of the bases are covered!
4. A Pint of Guinness in front of the fireplace in O’Connor’s Famous Pub in Salthill
We’re going budget friendly here so we’re capping it at 2 pints each! There’s something special about this pub… The lighting, the wood shavings on the ground, antiques hanging from every crevice of the pub, and the big open fire place. If you’re lucky enough to snag the arms chairs by the fire then you’re on to a winner!
5. Rent some bikes and go for a cycle along the River Corrib
If you have your own bikes then even better for your budget! There’s a great path along the River Corrib. Start in the city centre and make your way down by the canal to NUIG and from there follow the river and take in the beautiful nature of the area.
Ciara Geraghty, Sales & Marketing Executive at Galway Bay Hotel.